For years, Google offered Picasa as a digital image viewer and organizer. However, in 2016, Google announced that Picasa was being replaced by Google Photos to better accommodate new technology. However, many of you are still using, and actually prefer, the Picasa program. No problem. You may continue to use your Picasa App but you will no longer receive supports or updates from Google. This article will provide the Picasa login steps to follow to view your photos in Picasa. However, if your App no longer works or you want to transition to Google Photos, you can easily do so by reading the instructions below.
Picasa Login Steps
If you already have the Picasa App, you can continue using it as you have in the past. You can also still sign in to Picasa.
1. Go to the sign in home page.
2. If you are logged in to your Google account, you will get immediate access to your photos.
3. If you’re not logged in, enter your Google email address and password, and click “Sign In”.
If you want to move to Google Photos, you may be pleased to know that your Picasa materials have been transferred for you. To access this program:
1. Go to the Transition App.
2. Enter your Google email address and password.
3. Click on “Sign In”.
Google Photos requires that you have a Google account. If you need to create an account, follow these steps:
- Go to picasa.google.com.
- Click on the “Create account” link.
- Enter your name, and create a username and password.
- Select your birth date from the drop-down menu and choose your gender.
- Enter your email address and mobile number, and verify the text in the Captcha box.
- Select your location and press “Next step”.
Picasa Mobile Login Steps
You can login to Picasa using a mobile device.
1. Open your phone’s browser and search for Picasa or enter picasaweb.google.com into the search bar.
2. When the login page opens, enter your Google email and password.
3. Click “Sign In.”
Though Google has replaced Picasa, you can still find Apps that work with your mobile devices. However, the existing Picasa Apps are not created or supported by Google.
Picasa Mobile Login via Apple
Picasa Apps from ITunes
- Go to the ITunes store from your IPhone or tablet.
- Read the App descriptions and choose the one with the functions you need.
- Follow the instructions to download, install, and open that specific App.
Picasa Mobile Login via Android
Colifer Labs has produced an App that allows you to manage your pictures effectively on an Android device.
- Go to Google Play from your device.
- Download, install, and open the Google Photos/Picasa web albums App.
Picasa Login Problems
Though Google no longer supports Picasa, there are still a number of resources you can use if you need help. If you happen to forget the email address you used or the password you created, you can recover both from the Picasa sign in page. For other issues, go to the Picasa assistance page.
Google Contact Details
By Phone – 1-855-265-6823
Online – Google Help Center
Online – Google Cloud Support