TD Ameritrade is a stock trading company that allows users to access their accounts online. A great company for those who want hands-on control of investing, it has a strong online presence. The purpose of this article is to take a look at how to log into TD Ameritrade’s website on both personal computers and mobile platforms, as well as to troubleshoot the most common TD Ameritrade login issues that occur on the site. Through this guide, users should be able to quickly access their accounts and get back to trading.
TD Ameritrade Login Steps
Logging into the TD Ameritrade website is fairly simple. Before you log in, make sure that you have your username and account password on-hand. Once you’ve got that, you can follow these steps to login on a computer:
- Go to the TD Ameritrade homepage at www.tdameritrade.com.
- Type your User ID into the first blank space on the right.
- Type your Password into the second blank space on the right.
- Press the green Log In button.
TD Ameritrade Mobile Login Steps
You can log into your TD Ameritrade account in one of two ways on a mobile device. The first is to use your mobile device’s browser, while the second is to use the TD Ameritrade app. To do the first, you’ll need to do the following:
- Open your mobile device’s web browser.
- Go to the TD Ameritrade log in site linked above.
- Tap the green Log In button on the top of the screen.
- Type your User ID into the top blank box.
- Type your Password into the bottom blank box.
- Tap ‘Remember User ID’ if you want your phone to remember this information.
- Tap the green Log in button to proceed.
TD Ameritrade Mobile Login via Apple Devices
Logging into the iOS app is, likewise, straightforward.
- Go to the App Store and download the TD Ameritrade Mobile app.
- Tap the TD Ameritrade icon on your device’s screen.
- Tap the Accounts button on the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your User ID in the first field.
- Enter your password in the second field.
- Tap Remember user ID so your phone can remember this information.
- Hit the Log in button to continue on to your account.
TD Ameritrade Mobile Login via Android Devices
- Download the TD Ameritrade Mobile app from the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the app’s icon on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Account button, which is in the center of the bottom of the screen.
- Type in your User ID in the field labeled User ID.
- Type in your Password in the field labeled Password.
- Tap Remember User ID to save your information to this device.
- Tap the Log In button to continue.
TD Ameritrade Login Problems
TD Ameritrade’s site is fairly robust, but that doesn’t mean that there are no problems. The most common issues when logging into the site occur when the user forgets his or her username or password. Always make sure you type in both correctly, and that your CAPS Lock key is not engaged when trying to access the site. If you cannot remember your username and/or password, access the Retrieve User ID and/or Reset Password pages.
There are some issues with those who have older Scottrade accounts, since TD Ameritrade purchased Scottrade in 2017. Instead of typing in a username in the first field, type in your Scottrade account number if you are an old Scottrade customer. This should take you to the same site, where you can update your information. If you have any problems when trying to login, you can visit the company’s logon help page for more help.
TD Ameritrade Contact Details
TD Ameritrade has several contact options available for those who cannot access their accounts on their own. If you’ve tried and failed to access the site, you may want to try one of the options below to ask your questions about the TD Ameritrade login process.
TD Ameritrade Logon Help
TD Ameritrade Phone Number: 800-454-9272
TD Ameritrade Contact Page
TD Ameritrade Email Form
TD Ameritrade Facebook Messenger Chat
TD Ameritrade Twitter
TD Ameritrade Facebook
Recommended Login Guide: Scottrade Login