ETrade (usually styled E*Trade) is a popular online trading platform made popular by its significant marketing presence in the United States. Allowing users access to powerful trading tools at a low price, it’s one of the go-to trading platforms for investors who want to take control of their own financial futures. The purpose of this article is to take a look at the ETrade login process for the ETrade user pages and apps, as well as to provide guidance for those users who are having problems logging into the site.
ETrade Login Steps
Below are the steps you’ll need to take in order to log into your ETrade account on a computer:
- Go to the Etrade website at www.etrade.com.
- Click on the purple Log On button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Type your User ID in the top blank field.
- Type your Password in the other blank field.
- Click on Remember My User ID to save this information.
- Select your account option from the drop-down menu on the lower right.
- Click the purple Log On button.
ETrade Mobile Login Steps
Logging into your Etrade account on your mobile device is similar to logging into the page on your PC, but with a few minor differences. You can log in via your web browser, as seen below, or through the company’s apps on the Google Play and iTunes stores. To log in on your phone’s browser, you’ll need to do the following:
- Open your mobile device’s web browser.
- Go to the ETrade website linked above.
- Tap on the menu option on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap the Log On button.
- Enter your User ID in the User ID field.
- Enter your Password in the Password field.
- Tap the Remember My User ID box to save your login information.
- Choose your account type from the drop-down menu under the Go To text.
- Tap on the purple Log On button to access the site.
Etrade Mobile Login via Apple Devices
- Go the iTunes Store and download the ETrade Mobile app.
- Install the App on your iOS device.
- Open the App and agree to the disclosure information.
- Enter your User ID in the top field labeled User ID.
- Enter your Password in the bottom field labeled Password.
- Click the Log On button to continue.
Etrade Mobile Login via Android
- Download the ETrade Mobile app from the Google Play Store.
- Install the ETrade Mobile app on your Android device.
- Tap the ETrade Mobile icon to open the app.
- Type your ID into the User ID field.
- Type your password into the Password field.
- Tap Log On to continue to your account.
ETrade Login Problems
The most common login problem for ETrade is forgetting your login information. If you’ve forgotten the information, remember to click on the User ID or Password help options under the login credentials boxes. If you aren’t able to get past that stage, you may want to double-check that you’re trying to log into the right type of account – the drop-down on the menu is specific, so make sure you actually have the account type to which you are trying to log in.
If you didn’t set up your account online, you won’t automatically have online access. You will need to click on the link at the bottom of the login page to set up online access for your account.
Etrade Contact Details
If you are not able to solve your login problems on your own, you may want to try the following ways to contact Etrade: