The state of Texas has developed a Vehicle Inspection History website that allows residents to retrieve any information relevant to the inspections conducted on their automobiles. It is easy to receive an inspection history and keep up with the due dates of future inspections on the Texas Vehicle Inspection History login portal.
In addition, the system gives anyone interested in purchasing a used car a tool to verify the inspection history before buying. This guide will detail the steps to follow to request and retrieve this information.
Texas Vehicle Inspection History Login Steps
You can use this online system to obtain a copy of a vehicle’s inspection history. You can request a report as long as the inspection is completed by the end of the day before you make your request. Simply follow the steps below to retrieve your report.
1. Go to the login homepage at www.mytxcar.org. This will open a Security Check screen. To verify that you are not an automated program, check the box for I am not a robot and click “Submit”.
2. Enter either a VIN or Safety Sticker Number in the appropriate box. The VIN can be found on your vehicle registration card.
3. Click the “Submit” button.
You can now use either the VIN or the Inspection Sticker Number, since the departments of Motor Vehicles and Public Safety now issue one common sticker.
Texas Vehicle Inspection History Mobile Login Steps
There is currently no mobile app available for this program. However, it is still possible to request auto inspection histories from any of your mobile devices. The system is totally compatible with either your Apple or Android devices, so you can complete the transaction whenever you need to, even if you are away from your computer.
To login using mobile technology, perform the following steps:
1. Open the browser on your favorite mobile device.
2. Enter www.mytxcar.org into the browser’s search bar.
3. Enter either the VIN or the Safety Sticker Number into the appropriate boxes.
4. Click “Submit”.
Texas Vehicle Inspection History Login Problems
The Texas Departments of Motor Vehicles (txdmv.gov) and Public Safety (dps.texas.gov) have merged to produce one sticker that is valid for both inspection and registration. Therefore, if you have any other issues with the site or the data you receive, you can contact either of those agencies.
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Contact Details
By Phone – (888) 368-4689
By Mail – Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, 4000 Jackson Avenue, Austin, Texas 78731